Friday, March 12, 2010

Painting the Room Red

I have always loved red rooms and so I decided to go for it this time around. The dining room is currently a baby blue color which is quite strange for a dining room in my opinion. After sampling many different shades of red I decided to go with a cranberry which complemented the dark woodwork well. And then I painted. However I should of done my research first. After just one coat, the walls were very streaky and I could see all the roller marks. I kept thinking that it would get better when it dried but it didn't. I decided to go online and google painting a room to red to get some information to help me figure out if I am doing this correctly... and no, apparently I was supposed to prime with a grey. I primied with a white as I usually do when I paint. Ugh what a nightmare. I am seriously thinking of hiring someone to help me with this mess. I think I am going to attempt another coat first though. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment